If you're not too sure what to do when you're at the gym or if you're pressed for time and need to squeeze in a QUICK but EFFECTIVE workout then you NEED to include at least a couple of these movements in your workout and ALL of them at least ONCE in your weekly routine!
And if you stick to these 5 basic movements and all of their variations, I promise.. you will get fit, get strong and life will get a bit easier!!
1. Hip Hinge
- i.e. barbell deadlift, kettlebell deadlift, dumbbell deadlift, kettlebell swing
- i.e. shoulder press, bench press, push press, push-ups & hand stand push-ups
- i.e. dumbbell rows, pull-ups, chin-ups, lat pull downs, ring rows, TRX rows
- i.e. air squat, goblet squat, back squat, front squat, overhead squat
- i.e. front plank, push-up plank, side plank, three point plank, two point plank