A great side salad for the upcoming BBQ season
Yam and Russet Potato Salad with Greens and Bacon
yield: Serves 6
This dish is sensational with barbecued pork or grilled sausages or salmon. A spicy honey-mustard dressing is the salad's perfect finishing touch.
ingre\3 tablespoons white wine vine3 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound yams (red-skinned sweet potatoes), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 slices bacon
- 10 large mustard green leaves, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
Steam russets until tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to large bowl; toss with 1 tablespoon dressing. Steam yams until tender, about 7 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl; toss with 1 tablespoon dressing.
Fry bacon in large skillet until crisp. Transfer to paper towels. Drain. Crumble bacon. Add yams, bacon and mustard greens to russets. Toss salad with enough dressing to coat. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.)
Article by Ben Poss
) | May 01 2009
A short video of a pretty challenging core circuit that I made for the TWMO YouTube page.
Make sure that you show up to the gym wearing appropriate clothing. You want to be comfortable but still be wearing athletic gear...