CrossFit Level 1 Certification
I took the CrossFit Level 1 certification last weekend, passed the test and got certified!
There were about 40 people in the class and we started out with the basics of what CrossFit is… which is so many things… here are a few of them to give you a quick idea:
- Work Capacity, Across Broad Time and Modal Domains
- Constantly Varied, High Intensity, Functional Movements
- Nutrition, Metabolic conditioning, Gymnastics, Weight Lifting & Throwing, and finally Sport
- Cardiovascular / respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance and Accuracy
You might think that this is common sense, but in a lot of cases it’s not. I’ve attached an article that goes into what CrossFit is in a little more detail.
Once the basics were covered we moved onto the 9 functional movements:
- Shoulder Press, Push Press, Push Jerk
- Air Squat, Front Squat, Overhead Squat
- Dead lift, Sumo Dead lift High Pull, Medicine Ball Clean
On the second day we reviewed all the information that was covered on the 1st day and then went onto nutrition, the Glute Ham Developer and Programming… we did a workout both days which was fun and tiring (which is always expected) and then finished the last day off with the exam!
It was a ton of fun, I learnt lots and am very happy I completed it with flying colors!
Article by Ben Poss
) | December 19 2010
Wow.. I can't believe that another year is coming to an end already. It blows me away how fast time seems to fly by!
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile but I've been super busy the past few weeks working on some new updates for the website...