Here are a few tips to help keep your training more consistent, effective and simple.
1. Train between 3-5 days each week.
2. Don’t split up your program too much, try to stick to full body work-outs or 2-3 day split programs.
3. Take minimal amount of rest in between exercises or do active recovery exercises in between to help improve balance, agility, core strength.
4. Always allow 1-2 days of rest before training a muscle group again.
5. Add cardio to your weekly program to make your training more effective and to help burn extra body fat.
6. Always drink plenty of water before, during and after you work-out and have a well balanced snack when you’re finished that contains a good source of protein.
7. Get lots of sleep. You break down your muscles when training so you want to be sure you are getting the appropriate amount of sleep every night (7-8 hours) to ensure your body has enough time to recover and repair the damaged muscles.